Monday, August 13, 2012

Dubbcasts: Episode 1 - NHibernate Performance Tip


A demo that simulates using the Unit of Work pattern; more specifically, a single database transaction per request. This is my first screencast and it turned out to be a lot more work that I thought. It's pretty long, over an hour, but to spare you all the debugging, hacking, and gory details, I've posted the source code on Github so you can run the sample for yourself.

The screencast is laced with beats from some of my favorite songs. I had no choice since I screwed up the audio while I was recording. It was full of static/background noise and you could hardly make out one word from the next. So there you have it...the birth of Dubbcasts. May this be a day to remember for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment